GEDCOM is an acronym for GEnealogical Data COMmunication, is a specification for exchanging genealogical data between different genealogical systems. It was developed by The Church of the Later Day Saints as an aid in their extensive genealogical research. A GEDCOM file is plain text containing records for each individual in the family tree, and data linking these records together. Most (if not all) genealogy software supports importing from and/or exporting to GEDCOM format. You will normally find the import/export facility under the file menu in most programmes
e.g.Your great-aunt may not use the same software that you use, you’ll need to share your family history in a file format that anyone can open. That format is GEDCOM.
1. When you send the data decide what sort of chart you would like, Descendant, Ancestor etc.
2. Tell me the name of the individual that you want to be the starting point for your chart, along with some detail information such as a reference no, place & date of birth to ensure that I have the right person.
3. Tell me how many generations you wish to include and select the information that you wish to include for each individual.
4. How to send your chart file to Family Tree Printing
send it by post to Family Tree Printing with the chart on a CD/DVD or USB Memory stick you can send the chart via the internet as an email attachment.
5. I will contact you with a quote for the build. At this stage you can cancel, change or order your chart.
programmes will let you save your chart and export it as a PDF (Portable
Document Format) file if you wish you can save it in this format and send the
completed chart for printing.
Send your file and full instructions
Family Tree Printing, New House Farm, Newdigate, Surrey, RH5 5BX United Kingdom
Some current prices are shown on the web site at Printing Prices if you are not sure send the file and we will confirm the price to you.
Phone : 07873 132232
Remember we offer you a prompt, efficient, good quality chart building and/or printing service at affordable prices using non fade ink on a variety of papers and are never knowingly beaten on price.
Copyright © 2020 Family Tree Printing.co.uk